Effective Date: 1 June 2016
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The usage of the Website collects various kinds of Personal Information. When you reach out to us through If you submit an inquiry or question via an online form or email, we may collect your name, email address, or other Personal Information contained in that correspondence. If you are a potential candidate, we may collect your name and contact details, information about your employment objectives, past and current employment and professional experience, educational background, language skills, and other data that you provide online through a form or a video or a resume or CV. If you are a Client or potential Client, we may collect your name, contact details, title or position, products or services requested, or other information that you provide via online forms or email correspondence. With respect to all Website visitors, we do not wish to collect any "sensitive" Personal Information, such as racial or ethnic origin, political, religious, or philosophical beliefs, sexual life, government identification numbers, health or medical conditions, or criminal history unless legally required for recruiting purposes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use and Disclose Personal Information to provide Services to you and/or to our clients, to administer the Site, and otherwise to perform obligations, exercise rights, and further the activities for which the Personal Information was provide to us. For example, we may provide Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with an executive search Service (e.g., information about your professional experience and goals) to our employer clients to help them to decide whether you would be a good fit for an open position. Subject to applicable law, other reasons that we may use or Disclose your Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- + to fulfill your requests, such as to include your resume in our database(s) or to register you as a newsletter subscriber, etc.
- + to provide Services to our clients, which may ask us to provide them with Personal Information that you have provided to us or that we otherwise have lawfully obtained
- + to enable potential employers to evaluate your candidacy.
- + to create de-identified, anonymised, aggregated or similar non-personally identifiable data, which we may use for any lawful business purpose (e.g., we may use aggregate compensation information based from similarly situated job applicants to help clients set salaries)
- + to engage in routine business uses and Disclosures that an ordinary and reasonable person should expect in the context of the Services that we provide, the reasons for which we collect Personal Information, and/or the ways that similar businesses ordinarily operate, including, for example, uses and Disclosures:
- + to meet our obligations and enforce our rights, to make Disclosures to third parties who help us (e.g., service providers, information technology providers, mailing and other business process providers, outsourcing providers and so on) and to operate and improve our business
- + for security, anti-fraud, authentication and verification purposes
- + to respond to questions or requests or to contact you for lawful purposes, including for surveys
- + to vendors and their service providers who reasonably need the Personal Information to do their jobs
- + to verify your identity, authority, professional history, or other information
- + to respond to or participate in commercial disputes (e.g., lawsuits or investigations)
- + to persons appearing to have a lawful interest in the Personal Information (e.g., to an insurance company processing an insurance claim involving you); or
- + to comply with applicable law
- + in connection with a merger or other business combination or separation (including, but not limited to, a voluntary or involuntary change in our business or structure, reorganization, sale of all or part of our stock or asset, spinoff, bankruptcy, or dissolution).
- + to respond to legal process or regulatory authorities (such as subpoenas; warrants; investigative demands from law enforcement, regulators or others; national or international security letters or demands; etc.)
- + to protect against fraud, claims, or other liability or harm to you, us, or others
- + to exercise or perform a legal, ethical, contractual or other right or obligation, including enforcing an agreement you or a client made.
- + to Third Party Services, including (without limitation) analytic data service providers (see “Third Party Services” below); and
- + for services under the Mentorati TM program, as and where applicable;
- + for such lawful purposes as may be disclosed or evident at the time that you provide Personal Information to us (e.g., when you provide Personal Information in response to a survey, to sign up for an event, or to register for a newsletter).
It is not possible for us to list every lawful use that we might make of Personal Information, so the Disclosures described above are general, non-exclusive, illustrations. We reserve the right to engage in any lawful use or Disclosure of Personal Information that is consistent with this Policy. Note, however, that we will not engage in any of the uses described above to the extent that they are prohibited by applicable law.
We may obtain separate consents from you (or disclosures to you) regarding particular uses or Disclosures of Personal Information, to the extent that we are required to do so.DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share Personal Information with our offices and affiliates worldwide where necessary or appropriate in connection with the performance of our executive search or other services. In particular, Personal Information about executive search candidates and/or Clients is often included in our company's global databases for these purposes, and therefore may be accessible to our foreign offices and affiliates. A list of such offices and affiliates is available on our website. We may also share Personal Information with our Clients located in jurisdictions around the world as necessary or appropriate to provide them with requested products or services.
We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information to third party subcontractors, including information technology providers and business process outsourcing providers, in order to help support our business operations. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Information in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or part of the business, or where we believe such disclosure may be required by law or may be appropriate in connection with any legal claims. We may also use, disclose, or otherwise process any information for statistical or any other purposes that we choose in our sole discretion, as long as such information is not in personally identifiable form.
WEBSITE USAGE DATA
Like many websites, we passively collect data about website usage through various means. We use Internet protocol (IP) addresses to identify server problems, administer the Website, and compile aggregated statistics for marketing and research purposes. We use navigational data, including log files and click-stream data, to identify information about your web browser and operating system, and the time period in which you visit the Website or a portion of the Website. This information is used to administer the Website, improve site content, and compile aggregated statistics for research purposes. We also use small text files called "cookies" that are sent to the hard drive of your computer to store bits of information related to your use of the Website. You may configure your Internet browser to reject cookies. However, if you do so, you might not be able to access important functions or enjoy certain conveniences at this Website. We typically do not combine passively collected data with actively collected Personal Information, and therefore passively collected data should not become linked to your identity.
We use what we believe to be commercially reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Nevertheless, please be advised that no security measure, system, or control is infallible. WE ACCORDINGLY DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OR CONFIDENTIALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS IN THAT REGARD. If any applicable law imposes on us a duty with respect to these matters that cannot be disclaimed, you acknowledge and agree that our commercially reasonable precautions shall be considered to be satisfy that duty unless (and only unless) we have engaged in wilful misconduct.
Please also note the following:
- + When Personal Information is provided to us in the expectation that we will provide it to one or more of our clients (e.g., in connection with an executive search), we do not control, and assume no responsibility for, that Personal Information once it is in the client’s hands. While we typically ask our clients to keep such Personal Information confidential, we cannot guarantee that they will do so.
- + You also have a role in the security of your Personal Information. For example, you should not provide us with Personal Information that we do not request, you are responsible for controlling access to any personal computing device through which your Personal Information may be stored or accessed, and you are responsible for safeguarding any passwords or other log-in credentials to may be used to access to your Personal Information.PASSWORD-PROTECTED AREAS
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
ProEdge wishes to maintain Personal Information that is accurate, current, and complete.
If Personal Information that you previously provided has changed, please visit the Candidates section and submit your new information using the appropriate link. You may also request access and the opportunity to review the Personal Information that we maintain about you by sending us a written request at the postal or email address specified below. We will provide you with such information, and amend or delete such information upon your request, to the extent we believe appropriate or otherwise required under applicable data protection and privacy laws. We also reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity before providing such access.
LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES